Monday 13 June 2011

Another day off for Diesel

So another day today with no riding, this competition is getting closer and closer! The indoor school was being used today and the outdoor school and jumping field were both waterlogged, no use for even lunging in. The good news is that I tried the new girth on Diesel and took some photos, so after I have had a chance to ride in it tomorrow I will post a review.
I found out last night that Your Horse Live tickets are now on sale, and even better, that my favourite rider, Geoff Billington, will be doing a demonstration. So thats something to look forward too, I will have to start saving some money already!
I have booked the indoor school for tomorrow, wednesday and thursday, so hopefully there will be some more interesting blog posts rather than me chatting away. I am planning to ride the test in walk tomorrow, then continue working on the free walk.
I have also booked my first lesson with a dressage instuctor, as I now think Diesel is capable of concentrating for a half hour lesson with a couple of breaks (whether or not I am ready is yet to be seen!). The lesson is at 1pm on the day of the dressage competition, which is at 6, so this will be a very busy day indeed. This gives me time to practice the test, and still gives me time to withdraw my entry if I don't think we are up to it.
Thank you to everyone for reading, and if anyone has any tips for dressage competitions, particularly on picking up marks, then please let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment