Tuesday 7 June 2011

Free walk started, then nerves set in again

So I had quite a good session today. Decided to work on my free walk - as Diesel still struggles with a lack of rein contact (I think he is still a little insecure so likes to have that contact with me). We worked on a figure-of-eight, giving with the reins on the diagonals. After a couple of attempts he started to accept the loose rein and even started to reach for the contact.
When the time came to then move up a gear my nerves kicked back in. I am still completely unsure where this mental block came from but I need to get over it soon as it isn't good for Diesel's training, and isn't fair on him! So I asked a friend to do some trot work on him instead. He was very well behaved considering he hadn't been ridden by this person before.
I really must try and get over these nerves. So tomorrow I intend to start working in trot again. I will update on how it goes!
Also if anyone has any advice on getting over a nervous block I would really appreciate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment