Sunday 5 June 2011

A little about me...

I am writing this blog to share my experiences (trials and tribulations, successes and failures) with other horsey people out there!
I own a 3 1/2 year old New Forest pony, which I am currently breaking in myself. My real passion is dressage (never have been much of a jumper), so I intend to aim for a successful career in BD. Problem No. 1; ADULTS DO NOT RIDE PONIES, or at least - this seems to be the general opinion of the equestrian world. This is crazy, as at a mere 5'3" and certainly not heavy, my 13.2hh stocky Forester gelding can more than cope with me as a rider - he certainly has no problem throwing me around if he wants to!!
I aim to show people that ponies are just as good as horses for dressage, I am sure this will not be easy, and I am sure I will face a lot of criticism/insults and snide remarks along the way. I would love for people to read this blog and see how great ponies can be, and that adult pony riders are not 'taboo'. I would also love for this blog to offer support (or at least some light relief and laughter) to others facing the same problems.
As for the dressage... well this is problem No. 2; I have never trained a dressage horse before, let alone from scratch! I have plenty of experience with horses, just not dressage training, so I can see this being a bumpy ride!!
Thanks for looking
DressagePonyDiva

No comments:

Post a Comment