Sunday 19 June 2011

Success - A good day today

Just got in from the yard now, and thought I would update straight away. I took my mum with me today as I felt so much better the other day having someone else there. I rode in the indoor for 15 minutes just working on circles in walk, then finished with a 15 metre circle in trot on both reins and turning down the centre line with a trot to halt to finish on. This is the first time in a couple of weeks I felt like trotting, rather than just feeling like I had to.

As we didn't really work on anything in particular I can't really write much about the process or training I did today, I only worked on circles and bends. However this is really useful for Diesel as he still finds circles rather difficult, particularly smaller circles of 10 or 8 metres, so this really helps to improve his balance. Riding circles also encourages young horses to step under with their hind legs more. Mum said there was an obvious difference between a straight line and a circle with regards to him stepping under. As Diesel gets fitter I will work more on circles/bends/serpentines in walk and trot to improve his general balance and impulsion.

And as a final note - I hope everyone has had a good Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment