Monday 6 June 2011

Where we are at so far...

I thought I would explain a bit about where we are at in our training at the moment, before I go on to bore everyone with accounts of how everything is going from now on!
I first backed Diesel in April (after sitting on him a few times last year), and for the first month I just walked, working on bends, transitions, straightness and suppleness. About 3 weeks ago we started adding a little bit of trot, and have just started working on bends and circles in trot.
Hacking hit a set back due to Diesel bolting and throwing me onto concrete on our first attempt - an experience I am not keen on recreating anytime soon!
As well as ridden work I try to lunge once a week, sometimes over the odd jump. And I also take Diesel on regular walks around the all weather track (in an attempt to increase his fitness, but its always me hot and sweaty and out of breath!).
The last week or so I have hit a bit of a confidence crisis, a random one involving getting nervous about trotting (totally random I know!), so I have just lunged for the last week, to give myself time to get my confidence back.

So that is where we are now...

onto the training!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment