Wednesday 15 June 2011

Caldene Crystal Reins Review

I realised today I have only had these reins for about 2 1/2 weeks, so I will do a review of them.

The first point is that these reins look fantastic on. The crystal section is not too big to be overpowering so remains subtle. These reins are certainly not to everyones taste, and seem to inspire awe or ridicule in my fellow horse owners.

On a practical note the reins are very soft and supple, and the pony size is great, not too long to dangle around Diesel's feet, and not too short so as I am riding holding the buckle with no room to give with the reins. The only negative comment I can make on this product is that the reins slip through my gloves fairly easily, and I find myself readjusting them a lot. A rubber backing to add grip would have greatly improved these reins.


This picture shows the full length of the crystal section


I am very impressed with this product and would recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of extra 'bling' on their tack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment