Wednesday 8 June 2011

Oops - and onto the failures...

Well, like I said, I will write about all of my successes and failures and today was definitely the latter. Actually that's not strictly true. We were going very well, working on bending and free walk. Then the rain started, and more importantly, the thunder! Needless to say Diesel spooked at this sudden onslaught of sound (it sounds much worse in the indoor school than it does outside) and we parted company, and true to form I managed to collide with the only object in the arena, the mounting block. It is a bit of a running joke with my equestrian friends how I can never just land on sand/grass/mud, but always have to crash into something! Anyways, no damage done, apart from this will probably add to my nervous block. I am looking into some lessons to help get my confidence back up again. Any other ideas are still appreciated...
The yard staff are going to lunge for me tomorrow as I am at work and I shall be back in the saddle again on Friday, so fingers crossed for a better ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment